Please Login/Register to be able to chat and share with others

Thank you
Administrator
The Lost Arts
Please Login/Register to be able to chat and share with others

Thank you
Administrator
The Lost Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Gaming meets Art

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to post, We love reading what you have to say =)
Top posters
MissYuna (216)
Opposites I_vote_lcapOpposites I_voting_barOpposites I_vote_rcap 
Rangar95 (39)
Dynami (8)
Mikey (7)
Holly (5)
Kash (4)
SoleScoutt (3)
*emily (2)
Sukura (1)
aesthetic. (1)
Latest topics
» My Favorites
Opposites I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am by Rangar95

» Fallout New Vegas
Opposites I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am by Rangar95

» Short Story
Opposites I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 pm by Rangar95

» Short Story
Opposites I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm by Holly

» Hello.
Opposites I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am by MissYuna

» Laybrinth Guild Skin
Opposites I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:17 pm by MissYuna

» Little Wu Quest
Opposites I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm by MissYuna

» Shaolin Kungfu & Gaining Sutra
Opposites I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm by MissYuna

» Catch Menkey
Opposites I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm by MissYuna

» Leave PK Circle
Opposites I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 pm by MissYuna

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates

Opposites

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Sprite
Sprite

Female Dog
Hobbies : reading, gaming and writing <3

Opposites Empty
PostSubject: Opposites   Opposites I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 pm

My last story didnt really go anywhere Smile hopefully this will be better and i wont give up on it because i think its crap xD <3

Chapter One

Rain splashed to the ground forming puddles across San Francisco. The night was lit up as bolts of lightening shot through the sky, making streaks as white as the moon on the inky black sky. It would have been a beautiful sight if you were warm and dry with a blazing fire roaring next to you. Unfortunately Kylie Ink wasn’t at home admiring the beautiful night, instead she was standing in the pouring rain, pulling the sleeves of her thin cardigan over her hands and rubbing them together, trying to keep warm. She was furious. Three hours ago she had been standing in her room debating what to wear on her date, THE date, for two years she had been admiring and secretly crushing on the hottest guy in school, of course, everyone had been crushing on him, who wouldn’t? With his blue eyes, light blonde hair, tanned skin and the MOST amazing figure. So when he had come up to her at lunch and asked her if she wanted to go to the cinema with him and a few other couples, she had been thrilled, her first date! Arriving 5 minutes late, so as not to look too eager she had been a little worried that neither her date, or his friends were here yet, but had went with the less hurtful idea that they were running late, so she had waited.. And waited… after waiting 65 minutes and 37 seconds (not that she was counting) she finally let herself admit the truth. She had been stood up. Which was how she ended up standing in the pouring rain shivering outside the bus stop, trying to phone her mum for a lift. Kylie was standing on her toes holding her phone up to the sky trying to get a signal through the lightening when she noticed two car lights against the black night, slowly getting closer. She hesitated, years of her mum telling her not to go anywhere with strangers screamed in her head, but she had no other choice, she doubted her mum would be too thrilled with her daughter standing outside in the rain either. Running out into the middle of the road she raised her hand to her eyes against the brightness of the car lights. The sleek black Nissan screeched to a halt about 3 feet in front of her. The door opened and he stepped out, he wore black combat boots over black jeans that hugged his legs, a black vest top that looked like a second skin with a black shirt worn unbuttoned over it. He had a lithe body, with no bulging muscles, yet he looked completely perfect, his grey eyes framed by long black eyelashes that girls would kill to own, pale unblemished skin that looked as though it were shimmering, perfect size lips that looked soft to touch and thick shoulder length black hair. Kylie was speechless, her mouth dry, regret filled her heart, she couldn’t get into this mans car, he was.. Stunning and perfect in every way, yet he looked dangerous, especially when he looked at her that way, as though he found her just as stunning as she did him, as though he would like nothing more than to walk over to her, take her in his arms and never let go. She cleared her throat, searching for something to say when he finally spoke
“You need a lift? The rain doesn’t look like its letting up anytime soon”, he said quietly,
staring at her intently, as though her answer was important to him. Smiling nervously at him,
she replied “ I uhm.. W-was going to ask you if you wouldn’t mind but.. I-I think I changed my mind, you know? Strangers and e-everything”.
His lips curved up at the sides, he turned around and opened the sleek passenger door, indicating for her to get in, swallowing hard she managed another wobbly smile. Walking forward unsteadily, she slid into the car, more aware of her surroundings than usual, embarrassed by her wet clothes and hair soaking into the leather interior. . I watched him flow across the wet road, his stride even and sexy…I didn’t even know a walk could be considered sexy, I stared at him in wonder as he bent down and slid gracefully into the car, shutting the door behind him. Which was when I realized he had left his side of the door open when he had stepped outside, and yet strangely his door looked completely dry. I licked my lips nervously and glanced across at him, yep, I thought, there’s no doubt about it, I am going insane, or maybe I’m just dreaming this… I had to admit I preferred that explanation than me being insane. If this is a dream, I mused, then there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, this was just a fantasy of mine, one I was perfectly allowed to enjoy, although maybe I could have dreamed of a drier me. I snuggled down into the car seat, making myself comfortable now that I was certain I wouldn’t embarrass myself. I glanced at him out the corner of my eye in time to catch him watching me with amusement flickering in his eyes. I gulped. Okay, maybe it wasn’t a dream, I don’t think I have that much imagination I thought, trailing my eyes up and down his lithe body before realising he was still watching me, with an lips curved at the side in a smile. I glanced around and blurted out the first thing that came to mind, “Is this a new car? It..uhm.. Looks new”, I croaked awkwardly. I felt foolish, I had to brush up on my cute guy talking skills I decided. His lips curved again and I felt my heart stutter, his eyes met mine as he weaved in and out of traffic, he didn’t take his eyes off mine and panic started to take hold in my chest. “ No”, he murmured, “Its not new”, his voice was velvet soft, his eyes still glued to mine. I swallowed and jerked my eyes off his and looked out at the car gliding around the corner, he smiled faintly and returned to watching the road. I glanced about, realising for the first time that he was headed to my house.. Without any directions. Another gulp. “Uhm how do you know where I live?” I said slowly, hoping that it would stop me sounding like an idiot if I spoke slower, It didn’t work. He glanced over at me, his dark eyes suddenly very serious, “ I find you…curious”, he said finally, as the car skidded to a stop outside a familiar looking house. Oh. Right. My house, damn he was going to think I was an idiot if I kept this up. I swallowed hard, “ you know me?” I whispered. He smiled at me but didn’t answer instead he slid his door open and walked around to help me out his gleaming.. Dry car. He took my hand and helped me out, my heart fluttering in my chest at his touch, “who are you?”, I whispered, staring at him searchingly. He studied me for a full three minutes then suddenly smiled, as though what he saw had pleased him, he reached out and tucked a dark lock of wet hair behind my ear gently before walking around and sliding back into his car. I heard his velvety voice just before he drove away, “Goodnight Kylie, ill see you again soon”. I swallowed, hard. I watched the car disappear around the bend before full thought pierced my brain, had I ever even told him my name, I wondered for a moment in disbelief before shaking my head clear of paranoia, I must have told him, I’m just… going crazy.

Last edited by Holly on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissYuna
Goddess
Goddess
MissYuna

Female Horse
Hobbies : Online gaming and GFX

Opposites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposites   Opposites I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Very amazing work Smile i love reading your stuff, you are an amazing writer hun cheer
Back to top Go down
http://thelostarts.vampire-legend.com

Opposites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Arts  :: Art Section :: Show it off :: Stories and Poems-
Jump to: