Please Login/Register to be able to chat and share with others

Thank you
Administrator
The Lost Arts
Please Login/Register to be able to chat and share with others

Thank you
Administrator
The Lost Arts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Gaming meets Art

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to post, We love reading what you have to say =)
Top posters
MissYuna (216)
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_vote_lcapSalvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_voting_barSalvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_vote_rcap 
Rangar95 (39)
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_vote_lcapSalvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_voting_barSalvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_vote_rcap 
Dynami (8)
Mikey (7)
Holly (5)
Kash (4)
SoleScoutt (3)
*emily (2)
Sukura (1)
aesthetic. (1)
Latest topics
» My Favorites
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am by Rangar95

» Fallout New Vegas
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am by Rangar95

» Short Story
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 pm by Rangar95

» Short Story
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm by Holly

» Hello.
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am by MissYuna

» Laybrinth Guild Skin
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:17 pm by MissYuna

» Little Wu Quest
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:44 pm by MissYuna

» Shaolin Kungfu & Gaining Sutra
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm by MissYuna

» Catch Menkey
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm by MissYuna

» Leave PK Circle
Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 pm by MissYuna

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates

Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rangar95
Game Mod Demonic
Game Mod Demonic
Rangar95

Male Pig
Hobbies : Gaming/Photography/UGT(a youtube series with me and my bro)

Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:14 am

"Hey, are you daydreaming? Private! Hey, PRIVATE!"
"What? Oh, sorry those pills make me feel light headed." said Sage nervously.
Now remembering that he was on his way to a recently established outpost, that he wasn’t so sure was as safe as everyone one led him to believe, and that he had just joined a new squad Sage took another look at, his surroundings.
His squad was located in the cargo bay of a plane that left from Washington, DC and was heading into Cyborg territory. It was dark except for small slits of light seeping in from the sides that brought warm humid air produced from the hydro power engines. The squad sat on crates padded with hay for they did not have the small enough resources to put in benches.” That’s what this whole war is about,” Sage reminded himself.
"Don't worry it does that to everyone, anyways my name is Sergeant Creek. That's-"
"That's Saber-tooth, I'm Point Dexter," informed a man who Sage could now see emerging from the cockpit. He had a pair of cracked glasses resting on his broken nose. He was also carrying a laptop in his hands that was running off his backpack solar generator.
Sage looked to see who Point Dexter was pointing at and saw a teenage looking woman in the corner of the plane. Did he know this girl? Thinking more deeply on the subject he took mental notes on her child like facial features and crisp golden hair that ran down to her waist. She looked like the same age as him, but he couldn't be sure. Opps, he had spent so much time trying to remember her that he didn't notice that she was indeed speaking to him.
"-anyways, if you ever need fire power I'm the gal you need." finished Saber-tooth. At that moment Sage caught a glimpse of her eye. They were sapphire blue, the most beautiful and addictive eyes he has ever seen.
"Oh, and that's Cockroach, he doesn't talk much, but he listens well,” chuckled Point Dexter, looking again toward the direction that Point Dexter had shown Sage saw a seven foot tall giant with muscles that looked like it could tear a car in half, “you better rest kid, we have about four hours before we reach the drop zone and then it's straight into the fight."
"Thanks for the tip," replied Sage who was still attempting to figure out Saber-tooth's real name," by the way it's not kid, it's Sage."
"That's so? Ok, Sage, get to sleep, you will need It." mocked Point Dexter. The two exchanged rude expressions until both got bored and went to separate corners of the cargo bay.
Sage watched as the others drifted to sleep as if the word put a spell on all of them. Sage too, tried to sleep, but it never came for he had other things on his mind. As he waited for his mind to settle, Sage thought of Saber-tooth once again. Now he was never good at remembering faces but hers seemed like one that Sage had known before the sorrow, the pain, the desperation, before the war.
Two hours after Point Dexter gave his “advice” Sergeant Creek awoke from what seemed to be a deep sleep. The Sergeant stood and took a glimpse outside taking in the view. Sage soon did the same and saw that they must be in the middle of an ocean for there was not land in any direction. It wasn’t like the oceans he remembered as a child. This ocean was brown and black and never went without storms while his memory showed a calm crystal blue plain of waves and energetic marine life.
"So, are you going to sleep?" asked the Sergeant kindly. Sage broke from his thoughts and quickly listened, with the Sergeant being the head officer he did not want to be disrespectful.
"I have tried several times, but can't seem to," answered Sage with a look of disappointment and embarrassment across his face. He did not wish to revile his curiosity of Saber-tooth’s identity, it was beginning to be a playful challenge that he would hate to be spoiled when it was just getting started.” I got too much on my mind right now."
"I understand," assured Sergeant comfortingly. He seemed to know a lot more about what was going through Sage’s head then he led on, "it was the same for me on my first day, but we are going straight into combat so clear your head soon. We don't want you daydreaming in the middle of the war zone, now do we?"
"Of course not, sir." said Sage. He could have sworn he had just misunderstood what Sergeant had just said. In the middle of combat? On the first day? He had a month of training and was still less equipped then most when it came to tactics. All he was sure of was that he did not want to foul up right away, how embarrassing!
"So, how did you get stuck in this?” asked Sergeant wanting to keep the conversation moving.
"Stuck into what?" asked Sage nervously. He was still stirred up from the new found news of where their destination lies.
"The war, of course." responded Sergeant confusingly.
"Oh, of course," repeated Sage. What else would he have meant, “I was drafted."
"Well not much honor there," commented Sergeant.
"Nice to know sir," replied Sage. That was what most people said, but Sage had hoped it was behind him; clearly it was not to be that way.
"But, I don't blame you," admitted Sergeant, “there isn't anything good about bloodshed."
"Not many people would admit that,” exclaimed Sage. He was surprised, a second ago he thought the Sergeant had turned against him, but now he was paying Sage a great compliment and was showing off some of his personality.
"Well if you can get to sleep now you might be able to get a little less than two hours of rest." said Sergeant, completely ignoring Sage's comment.
This time Sage was didn’t argue and was able to sleep after all. As his eyelids closed he entered a dream that replayed the exact scene that occurred when he discovered his fate of being drafted. He watched as he opened the door to his apartment and saw a giant wagon being pulled by four horses, a.k.a. a collection box. He could see his mother bursting into tears and falling to her knees after hearing the news, for her oldest son had gone a few days before and was slaughtered unmercifully by the brutes that called themselves Amazons, and now was losing her second one to what would surely be a similar fate. In a few seconds this so called dream turned into a nightmare.
Dark figures emerged from the ruins around his apartment lot and leaped upon the recruits. One after one they were devoured alive or torn to shreds by inhuman creatures. Soon they were upon Sage’s mother and no matter how much he tried Sage could not move his body so as he brought his eyes upon his mother again the creatures pounced and left a shredded rotting carcass in their wake.
"Wake up and get moving kid!" yelled Point Dexter which separated Sage from his awful nightmare. Sage noted that Point Dexter’s face was a dark red with veins popping out across his face.

"What's wrong?" asked Sage. He was now panicking. If Point Dexter was that upset it had to be bad.
"We are five minutes from the drop zone and our troops there are almost at their breaking point." explained Saber-tooth. She was also upset, but seemed like she was too stubborn to show it fully. Once again, even though Sage knew it was a wrong time to do so, Sage took in her body features. Her hair was now hidden under a 3 inch thick caviler helmet, but was still able to peek out giving her an innocent killer look.
Now Sage, refocusing, understood what Saber-tooth was trying to tell him. An over ran drop zone would mean immediate contact with enemy troops which would either lead to capture or death. As his eyes fell on Sergeant Creek he noticed that the Sergeant was the only one calm.
"Yes Sage?" asked Sergeant as if he could read the question on Sage's face.
"I was just wondering why you are so calm." admitted Sage. Why was it that the Sergeant could predict when Sage had a question, was he that easy to figure out?
"Well private, I'm sad to say it, but if you must know, I've seen many of my new recruits get killed in these situations," explained Sergeant, So far this wasn’t sounding to good," I'm use to it now, but I think your different. I hope you prove me right."
"So do I sir." said Sage nervously. It seems the more he learns about things related to the war the more nervous he got.
"Green light! Green light!" screamed the pilot, this was the signal to jump. It seems Sage's adventure had just begun and no matter what he was in for the ride till the end.
Back to top Go down
Rangar95
Game Mod Demonic
Game Mod Demonic
Rangar95

Male Pig

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 am

first attempt at a book, inspired by friends at school and online. Hope u all like and if u want more i am currently working on chpt2 but im strugling though it
Back to top Go down
Holly
Sprite
Sprite

Female Dog
Hobbies : reading, gaming and writing <3

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:01 pm

its really awesome Razz you should write faster <3
Back to top Go down
Rangar95
Game Mod Demonic
Game Mod Demonic
Rangar95

Male Pig

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 pm

lol ty
Back to top Go down
MissYuna
Goddess
Goddess
MissYuna

Female Horse
Hobbies : Online gaming and GFX

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 am

Great work hun Smile keep it up, i cant wait to read more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thelostarts.vampire-legend.com
Rangar95
Game Mod Demonic
Game Mod Demonic
Rangar95

Male Pig

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 am

thx yuna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit   Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salvation - Chapter 1 - New Recruit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Arts  :: Art Section :: Show it off :: Stories and Poems-
Jump to: